Here is a short list of some books that we think are essential to any study on sexuality. In addition, below these first few books is a link to a bibliography that includes a wide range of resources, as well as a link to book reviews of some titles.
- Wilson, Ken A Letter to My Congregation With an Introduction by Phyllis Tickle and a Foreword by David Gushee. 2d Ed. Canton, MI: Read The Spirit Books, 2016.
- Brownson, James V. Bible, Gender, Sexuality: Reframing the Church’s Debate on Same-Sex Relationships. With a Foreword by Wesley Granberg-Michaelson. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2013.
- Clifton-Soderstrom, Michelle A. “Common Sense, Plain Sense, and Faithful Dissent Evangelical Ethics and Marriage Equality.” Journal of the Society of Christian Ethics, forthcoming 2016.
- Gushee, David. Changing Our Mind: A Call from America’s Leading Evangelical Ethics Scholar for Full Acceptance of LGBT Christians in the Church. 2d Ed. Canton, MI: Read The Spirit Books, 2015. (Book Review)
- Douglas, Kelly Brown. Sexuality and the Black Church: A Womanist Perspective. Maryknoll: Orbis Books, 1999.
- Lee, Justin. Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays-Vs.-Christians Debate. New York: Jericho Books, 2012.
You can download a full Bibliography (PDF) here.
Reviews of some of these books can be read here.